Cheryl's JBJ.

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Corailline, Oct 18, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Oh in the past I have learned the hard way on Ricordia.

They are in a mod flow area and mostly shaded on a slope. I will be damned if I can not grow a Ricordia garden dang it.

I had one nice orange garden under PC lighting, all others I have melted.

2. Click Here!

3. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

ZOMG, Cheryl, Alex and I always talked about your tank!

Congrats on the pest free tank, keep the pics coming! :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Corailline

Thanks!!!!:)

I can not seem to shake the tank hobby habit no matter how hard I try.

I get this preconceived notion of how I want things to look and play out, seems like it never works out that way, but in the end I am happy to see something new and different.

MUST KEEP HANDS OUT OF TANK!!!!!

5. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

That is a sweet stylo,love the color and the more i keep looking at your new "steamlined" look the more i'm wishing I went that route with mine.Hope your ric's pop up somewhere for ya,i've had them do that only to show up somewhere else.

1 person likes this.
  6. Corailline

Thank you Don.
    ;D
    I spotted the little buggers down in depression in the rocks. I will leave them there for a couple days to acclimate if they do not move up a little or expand more I will fish them out and put them in the rubble dish I provided for Goby.

7. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

Yep,I had one missing for a month,when it did show back up,it lost a little color,but came right back after he got some light.the dish idea sounds like a great plan if it comes to that.

8. Click Here!

9. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

I think I'm gonna go BB or <1" SB, I love how sleek it looks. What powerhead is that in the picture and whats your turnover rate?

1 person likes this.
  10. bobssecrtsn

bobssecrtsn Sea Dragon

Dang cheryl, took you long enough to have a thread made for your tank! i was kind of thinking you were just creeping around without a tank! j/K!!

love the rock scape. your making me want to remove my 1 month old sand bed !

btw how did the corals react to the move?

1 person likes this.
  11. Corailline

The power head is a Koralia #4, I am going to put another on the other side of the tank. I will have to recalculate that because I am not sure pumps in the back, I know they are Rios but I do not know the model. They are the Rios that came stock with the tank. Over 4 years later and they are still doing relatively well without breaking down once.

Thank you for the compliment.

Corals all did well considering they have been moved 2 twice in the last 6 months.

It's been 1.5 weeks since this drastic move and they are still settling in. New bulb too so they have to acclimate to that as well.

Many corals that I did not think could tolerate the abuse or had majano went to a friends tank.

Your tank is the bomb, I would not change anything right now. Maybe next tank.

Found another majano this am. :)

12. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

And.......following!

:)