Cheryl's JBJ.

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Corailline, Oct 18, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I think it is more likely they are hiding from the copper striped Aiptasia remover

What is this magical tool?

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

I'm really starting to like the "less is more" look,tank looks great Cheryl,now it's just a cool showcase for that RP.;)

4. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

It is a copper band butterfly fish Cheryl

it was a worrying 1st week with it, as it samples various pieces of coral
    and devastated 1 Acan colony , but after the teeting issues, it finally settled in and started to find and remove the pest nems

Steve

5. Corailline

Ahh I finally figured that out Steve lol.

You're right not an option for my tank. If they solidly ate Majano too I would have borrowed one but it seems too hit and miss for Majano with butterflies.

Very glad it worked out for you and your tank.

As silly as it sounds I was starting to loose sleep over the issue.

6. Corailline

Thank you Don.

I definitely like the BB look. Now for Chalice. 8)

7. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

Something is wrong... I see a fts. Surely it can't be Cheryl's!

8. Click Here!

9. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

This was once my father's tank
    [​IMG]

10. Corailline

LOL, hard to believe I even have a tank.

WOW!!!

Mine really was not that bad it just bugged the heck out of me. Especially the majanos, every time I looked at the tank I saw pest anemones, I was obsessing over it especially after trying to eradicate them for so long.

11. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

I hear ya on the sand. The 3" in my old tank was/is GROSS. I have to scoop that all out tomorrow. Very happy to only have a little under an inch now; I have a feeling this tank will stay much cleaner.

I debated long and hard for a couple weeks on barebottom, but with the Halichoeres wrasses they need something. True, the "sandbox" idea is a great one and something I considered myself, however with how the Halichoeres behave (they'll take a mouth full of sand, shift it, and spit it all over) I knew it wouldn't be long before I'd be siphoning out sand spilled outside the box. Knowing how that'd drive me nuts, I went with a very minimal amount. I'm not sure if you'd have the same issue with the goby, but it might be something to think about. However, I'm not sure if that goby will be happy long term without any, but perhaps so if he/she has a rock he/she can hide under. Or maybe you can just tell Mama clown to be nice? Seems she's exceptionally "spacial". :)

12. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

That's the same reason I have a very shallow sand bed in the reef tank, just enough for the wrasses to sleep in. I made it a little deeper towards the back of the tank where I would prefer them to sleep, away from certain corals, while the front area is too shallow for them to bury into. The container in the frag tank worked well with one small wrasse, but gravel bits all over the bottom of the DT would have driven me nuts. Although, after a couple of years or so, the gravel is still getting a little thick with "dirt". It looks to me more like gravel dust than detritus.