Cheap LED options for over my 65g?

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by EllisJuan, Jan 23, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

The spectrum of that fixture makes me want to vomit to say the least. :eek:

2. Click Here!

3. EllisJuan

EllisJuan Feather Duster

Well, I am back shopping for LEDs again. I am trying to decide if the Reef Radiance Lumentek Pro 180 or Reef Breeders Photon 24 would be enough for my 65g or if I would need to step up to the Lumentek Pro 240 or Photon 32.

4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I would definitely stay away from the vomiting spectrum lol

5. EllisJuan

EllisJuan Feather Duster

I just ordered the Lumentek Pro 240 with the mounting kit. With all the adjustability I don't think I will have a problem getting a spectrum that is not vomit inducing...lol

6. sstewartss

sstewartss Plankton

Definitely check out the lumentek from reef radiance. I have heard nothing but great things about their fixtures.

7. EllisJuan

EllisJuan Feather Duster

Thanks I ordered a Lumentek 240 and am waiting for it right now...

8. Click Here!

9. SaltyClown

SaltyClown Sea Dragon

I was going to say, look into a kessil reef light.

10. EllisJuan

EllisJuan Feather Duster

Last evening at around 8 o'clock I sent Rick from Reef Radiance an email asking him if he could give me an idea as to when I could expect my Lumentek Pro 240. The lights are in high demand and they state on their website 2-4 weeks for delivery. I let him know I had someone here locally that has been planing on buying my current fixture. The buyer of my fixture has been leaning on me hard. They are eager to get their tank up and running and were threatening to just move on and buy something else. I really did not expect to hear anything from him until the beginning of the work week. Well, apparently Rick never stops working...lol. He took the time to call me on a Sunday evening and discuss the situation with me. We had a great conversation about his quickly growing business. He had been at a pet expo in Orlando all week, but still took the time to call. Rick said my light was running just a little behind schedule and he really did not want me to lose the sale of my light. Then he really surprised me and offered to send me a loaner light so I could complete my sale. For free! He said he has a limited number of loaner lights, but can do this from time to time when his customers are up against a unique situation. This is really customer service beyond what I ever expected even after reading such great things about both Rick and Reef Radiance. So, tomorrow he will be sending me a loaner Lumentek and my mounting bracket. I am really blown away.