[cheap $5 chalice and acan frags!

Discussion in 'Coral' started by cosmo, Dec 21, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Has anyone ordered from saltcritters.com? Are they worth it?

They have alot of chalice, acan, favia frags for $5! Plus their shipping is pretty reasonable? Might have to order to see for that price!

2. Click Here!

3. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

just be aware that he has almost every frag under LED's, so they will appear much different if you don't have them over your tank.

4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Thx man! Can't beat those prices and then they don't kill ya with shipping!

5. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Thx dowtish! I'll have LEDs over my tank soon!

6. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

Some nice looking prices, but another place that it so blue lit you cant really tell what the colors are, especially the chalice'.

7. Forestisskiing

Forestisskiing Astrea Snail

I just recived at shipment from saltcritters day before Christmas. I ordered Acans and Favia. I will never do business with again. The Acan frags were less than 1/2 in in size. The favia I ordered were nothing like what I ordered. They were all the same sp. I use Mr. Coral. I am local to them. $10 frags from Mr. Coral. When lights come on today. I will post some picks of both places side by side.

8. Click Here!

9. Forestisskiing

Forestisskiing Astrea Snail

DSCN0047.JPG

Here are pics of saltcritters vs Mr Coral. The ones on the left are saltycritters.

10. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

got mine in the tank, will post pics soon, but i'm happy as hell for what i paid! Yeah not huge but i'd say of the 15 i ordered, 8-10 were the size you posted and 5-7 were the size of your mrcoral! including a chalice piece that was the an easy 1 1/2" by 1 1/2 inch! Granted not huge, but for $5 a pop! I'm pretty damn content! Already opening up! i'll keep it posted how they look in a few days after they acclimate! Not saying anything negative about MrCoral at all, haven't ordered from them yet! Just saying, these aren't nearly as bad as you say! At least not my order!

Sorry, just hate a vendor getting trashed like that! They're $5 a pop! Just saying!

11. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

just a question, if they are local, and that cheap, why pay to ship and not keep using them? And if you pay $10 for 1" frags, why are $5 for 1/2" frags unreasonable?

Just curious! happy reefing!
    SERENITY NOW!

12. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Not everyone has the same expediences with vendors. Everybody also has different expectations of what they should be getting. That is why I never go off of what one person says about a company, but I go with the majority. I started a thread about bashing Petco lol. A lot people got heated and others understood what I was saying lol.