Changing from black sand to white

Discussion in 'Sand' started by Shackman23, Jan 16, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

I did it with 3/4" PVC and a smallish funnel, and it was stupidly slow to get it done.

I did double the amount of sand in my tank, though.

2. Click Here!

3. Shackman23

Shackman23 Teardrop Maxima Clam

Alright i pick up a few different sizes and see what works, thank alot for the heads up! i will update with posts as soon as its done, i cannot wait!! im still debating on how i wanna take some of my old sand out, the guy at my LFS said just use a shop-vac and suck it out, obviously id have to drain the tank to almost nothing and go from there, which i was planning on doing anyway so i could rearrange my rock work a little bit to get more clearance on the sides.

4. Shackman23

Shackman23 Teardrop Maxima Clam

alright guys im all done with my transfer, i absolutely love it! heres what she looks like!! ;D took me 6 hours to do it but i figured do it right the first time, and dont do it a second time! also i did go with the PVC trick and let me say its the best idea ive been given so far in this hobby, minimum cloudyness and it is almost clear right now, in the picture it wasnt i took it right away!!

Attached Files:

• 041.jpg
      041.jpg
      File size:
      393.1 KB
      Views:
  5. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

6 hours :eek: Tank looks awesome though!