Change in plans! Aqua Illumination Sol Led worth it?

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by duoc9119, Jun 10, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. iReefer

iReefer Plankton

Thank you so much for answering all those questions! you are so helpful dude. I appreciate it so much.

That sounds like a good plan. Any specific glass details I should ask for? i.e thickness etc? And what kind of shop should I search for, that would be able to make that kind of piece of glass? It would have to be curved to fit the same shape with holes to attach it to the hood, sounds complicated and expensive :S

How much of a gap between the Sol and splash guard would I need to be able to keep the acrylic?

Wow, my canopy would look so bare with just the Sol module in it, haha I feel I would need something else up there? could/would you perhaps place the Neptune Lunar LED's (Neptune Systems - AquaControllers - AquaBus Lunar Simulator) spread around in the canopy to give maybe a bit more spread for night time?

Thanks dude, you've already answered so many questions of mine.

2. Click Here!

3. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Any glass will do, and you can go to anywhere that repairs windshields for cars. Just get a piece cut rectangularly to protect the lenses. You don't have to match to old piece. Just cover the unit and you will be fine .

If you use Acrylic try a couple of inches of space and watch it. You will see a smokey appearance on the acrylic if it's starting to burn.

You really don't need any more lights. You are going to lit up like a Christmas tree!

And no problem! Glad to help, that's what 3reef is for!