chalice receding

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Peredhil, Jun 15, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

A week later and this is where we're at

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not really looking better. But it did stop the rapid descent. So.. well, that's something.

I went to both of my local LFS to get the mentioned dips... neither even carried coral dips. So that was a no-go.

I'll keep watching it. It sort of kinda opens up at night...

2. Click Here!

3. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

Yea still looks pretty rough but it can definitely pull through. If it stopped receding that's definitely a good sign. It could take months to recover. One of my chalices still is recovering months later after an alkalinity issue.

Good luck with it!

4. cement_skis

cement_skis Sea Dragon

Out of couriosity, have you asked Vivid what they think you should do?

5. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I told them what I have done and they said: "It sounds like you are doing everything right"

They did not recommend any dip. They did say leave it be as much as possible.

I'm not blaming them... it was in excellent condition when it came in. So I'm not going to be hitting them up for a replacement or anything.

6. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

Bad Peredhill! LOL....since you posted this my Miami Hurricane has started to receed again! You are contagious.

I think it has slowed down somewhat....I had to readjust the rocks to block out more light...I have a ton of light in my tanks. 4 250W MH, and 8 T5HO acentics

1 person likes this.
  7. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

karma to make up for my contagions ;D

8. Click Here!

9. cement_skis

cement_skis Sea Dragon

Wanna know something funny: My Frogspawn got ahold of my chalice last night as well, no kidding, here's a pic:

In reality its not that bad, but still a funny coincidence

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

about to go out to one of the far away LFS to see if I can find one of these dips. Still no improvement, but still not worse...

11. cement_skis

cement_skis Sea Dragon

Are you going to be bringing back frags ;) ? or are you going just for the dips? If it's just for the dips, why don't you just order online?

12. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

this LFS's frags are crap. algae and whatnot on them and who knows what else... was just going for the dip... the thinking was ordering would take too long...

but it was fruitless anyway, they had none, don't even carry these. They suggested dipping it in an iodine solution for a couple minutes. To date, they have given me so many reasons to not trust them, that I pretty much just ignore their advise. . .

so back to square 1. Can you point me to some online? I just want to make sure I'm getting the right thing.