Chaeto just will not grow!

Discussion in 'Algae' started by Nikon Samurai, May 18, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that I add 2 drops of iron mangenese supplement into my fuge a week.

2. Click Here!

3. studmaster

studmaster Plankton

Any luck figuring out what your problem is? What's your Salinity at? Mine's a bit low and it doesn't seem to be growing much, if at all. I'm thinking of raising it a bit.

4. reefchaos

reefchaos Flamingo Tongue

i just use 2 -15 watt flourescent bulbs ... mine was about a golf ball size... and now in 3 months its more of a soft ball size.. too much light is not really good.. OR maybe ur water is not supplying enough of the nutrients that it feeds on.

5. szrazzt

szrazzt Purple Spiny Lobster

I use 2 15 watt CF bulbs in my 10 gallon fuge and my chaeto grows enough that I harvest a softball size wad every week to two. My nitrates and phosphates have been 0 since I setup the tank but the chaeto is obviously getting enough nutrients.

There is also an incredibly interesting population of pods, feather dusters and other things living in the fuge. There is some other micro algae growing in the fuge, mostly green and brown slimy looking stuff.

My flow rate is really low.