"Caveat emptor" or "Let the Buyer Beware"

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by gazog, Feb 22, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

I usually don't make these kinds of posts but I want to make everyone aware of the problem I am having so no one else falls for a scam like this.

In the beginning of last November I purchased a Red Sea Prizm Deluxe Protein Skimmer from another member called Exoticfish. I paid for the skimmer and even sent them a Fedex shipping label.

I have PM'd them numerous time and even left a message on his member page asking if they had it and never received a response. I am sure that they received all my PM'd messages because the last time they were on line was a couple of days after I sent the last PM

I have since bought another one for the tank which means including the 35 I paid for this one I have spent 125 dollars for a skimmer for this tank. I really don't understand why someone would do something like this.

So if Exoticfish ever shows back up and tries to sell anything "let the buyer beware" DON'T BUY IT!

2. Click Here!

3. BorntoReef

BorntoReef Fire Worm

4. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

It's kinda of funny because caveat emptor is a very old term and today's trend is the opposite now, let the seller beware that they better live up to their agreements and contracts.