Casey Anthony - Predict Verdict

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by clarky2120, Jun 30, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

How will the trial end?

1. Not Guilty

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Mistrial/Dismissal

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Hung Jury

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Guilty except 1st degree

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  5. Guilty all charges

14 vote(s)
    42.4%
  1. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I agree and that definitely made the jurors job much tougher. It also played well for the defense lawyer.

Trials are a Twilight Zone experience. You are told to weigh all of the evidence presented to you. You are bombarded with emotional triggers to sway you and then informed to base your decision on the facts only. The lawyers hammer, jackhammer and pile drive the points they see central to their case and the opposition tries to discredit those points. You then have 12 people of varied backgrounds and beliefs asked to come to a unanimous decision for a conviction.

2. Click Here!

3. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner Teardrop Maxima Clam

Motive isn't required for _any_ murder conviction. You won't find it in any of the jury instructions either. Also, prosecution provided a likely motive

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

It is usually very difficult to get a conviction without a likely motive. Wanting to be a party girl is not necessarily a good motive.

5. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

In 1984 Diane Downs was arrested for shooting her 3 children, one of which was killed, one suffered a stroke due to extreme blood loss, the other was fortunate to survive and IMHO extremely fortunate to be so young that he now barely remembers the incident. The prosecution claimed that the motive for the murder and attempted murders was her desire to have an exclusive relationship with a co-worker she was having an affair with. He was married and cheating on his wife and told Diane he would not leave his wife because of her children.

Now I'm exactly like the rest of the viewing public, my conclusions can only be drawn from the information I gathered from the Press. Even so, if you take away the tape, the inter-family back biting and finger pointing, and only have the photo's of the partying and the fact that her mother had to literally force her to report Caylee missing, I find her guilty on all counts. If I had sat on that jury it would have ended up hung because I would never have backed off.

I feel so strongly about this because I have 7 children of my own. I love them equally and very deeply. If at anytime, any one of them went missing I would report it immediately and finding the child would become my life's purpose.

6. cgarner

cgarner Skunk Shrimp

I kind of wish I followed the trial more closely. I know the defense made some wild accusations about the father and how the child might have been killed, but did he provide any supporting evidence? Without any supporting evidence I don't she how a baseless accusation could create reasonable doubt.

7. cgarner

cgarner Skunk Shrimp

That and I heard the defense had numerous witnesses that testified how Casey Anthony was a good mother.

8. Click Here!

9. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

My understanding is that the prosecution tried to portray her as a bad person instead of proving she did it. So I am sure that the defense would have several witnesses that she was a good mother/person.

Mike you would not have been on the jury if you honestly answered how you felt about the case.

10. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

so sick of media coverage of this type of crap. its like those who watch a car wreck, or a family's house burn to the ground. why do people dwell on others tragedy? Why cant the news cover people who do good instead of dwelling on bad? i come to 3 reef and here it is again. you cant get away from it.

1 person likes this.
  11. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

12. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

People are experiencing a lot of real emotions over this. Its too bad all the drama had to come with, but I wouldn't want to go back to the day when such things went unnoticed and unreported. It's everywhere, but if one would just turn the channel or not read the thread, they can be avoid it all together. There's many channels not covering it and many other stories to read in the news.

----------------
    Sent from Tapatalk, so please forgive grammar and spelling :)