Casey Anthony - Predict Verdict

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by clarky2120, Jun 30, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

How will the trial end?

1. Not Guilty

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Mistrial/Dismissal

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Hung Jury

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Guilty except 1st degree

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  5. Guilty all charges

14 vote(s)
    42.4%
  1. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

This is why I don't even pay attention to the BIG news stations, all they care about is celebrity drama.

I'm sorry about your experience Curt, what happened?

2. Click Here!

3. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

I don't pay attention to these. There are thousands of murders a year in the us. They are all tragic, but the only difference here is that the media decided that this one would help sell papers, so they've hyped it up. Kind of makes me want to hurl really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Pastey

Pastey Ritteri Anemone

Imagine you could be held responsible if you let all of those people out of that building and one of them was the person responsible for the anthrax. Imagine the heat you'd catch if he/she got away...imagine the guilt if it happened again and people died.

People in power sometimes have to choose the lesser of the 2 evils. I'm not saying the right call was made but it's a judgement call...probably one that was made without a lot of info aside from "Anthrax found in gov't building....". I would have made the same call if it meant catching the person.

Hindsight SHOULD always be 20/20. Obviously it was a false alarm and it was the wrong call but without a crystal ball, how could anyone have known?

Sucks you had to go through what you did but look at the bright side...no one was injured or killed and it was a false alarm.

/off topic

5. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

I know it's 4th and all, but I would love to see our gov. completely collapse, our monetary system fall to pieces, and then the media might actually report something useful, since no one is getting their pockets lined.

Have a great Weekend!;D

6. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

That means a frag swap would actually be a frag swap instead of a frag buy!

7. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

I think the bigger issue wasn't really the technical handling of the incident itself (i.e. lockdown, turn off A/C, etc.), but the human support behind handling it. Given plenty of information and contact with someone in the know outside the building, everyone in the building wouldn't have been so freaked out. Even some small bits of information as simple as an explanation that there seemed to be no anthrax (later on in the day, of course), periodic updates, that there was a cure available for anyone in the building, that prolonged exposure wouldn't have any different effect than instant exposure, etc. would have changed the situation for the people inside from "utterly terrified for hours" to "long, sweaty inconvenience".

The fact that the media was all over MJ just made this experience even worse, because contact with the outside would have been far more effective at changing the way people inside felt and dealt with it.

LMAO! I was actually kinda surprised coming into the hobby when I went to the frag swaps. Lots of vendors, and only prearranged trades allowed wasn't quite what I thought it was going to be...

8. Click Here!

9. Pastey

Pastey Ritteri Anemone

We know our government lacks all customer service skills.Decision making is a cold, calculated process....some more calculated than others. To expect more is a set up for disappointment. We all know how we like to be handled but you might as well forget it when it comes to state and federal gov't.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  10. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner Teardrop Maxima Clam

I feel a bit more confident about the prosecution's case after today. They put to rest some loose ends.

11. clarky2120

clarky2120 Bubble Tip Anemone

As my wife just found out today.

"It's not what you know, it's what you can prove."

12. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

I live in central florida where this is taking place.. Im SOOOOO glad i do not have to hear the words, Casey Anthony, any more. for 3 years this is all ive heard every news report ever. I just hope its the right verdict