Caring for my new corals

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Jay, Apr 26, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

Hello everyone

I ordered some corals from a website today. They are having a 40 percent off sale to those who are on their mailing list and have previously purchased from them before. They are http://www.roesmarineworld.com/

I bought a Favia and a pipe organ and was wanting to know if anyone has any experiance with these? What current, Placement height in tank (440 watts VHO), do I target feed the Favia? I will probably be able to tell by looking at it.

Also I have a green brain that was delivered damp (thats right the water leaked out). He survived but is receiding flesh on it. What do I feed this brain if any? All my water parameters are on the money. I just think mabey being out of the water may have done him in. I have had a bad experiance with ebay and have learned my lesson about buying from anyone there. What a joke. 3 of the corals were dry and he shipped them 3 day. He said he made a mistake shipping them but wont refund my money. He said take it up with DHL for their insurance. What a P____.

Thanks for all your time and help. Its appreciated.

Jay

2. Click Here!

3. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

First off, if he is a business person, then he should make right by you. Did you pay via credit card? See if you can put a hold on the payment until there is a resolution. Corals should be shipped with water. Period. Take pictures of all if you can, for proof.

Second, those are all LPS corals, yes? I feed mine thawed mysis shrimp, cyclopeeze, squid, shrimp. Hope they make it!:)

4. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

I am not really sure what a pipe organ is, I will try and look it up in a bit for ya!

5. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

Yea. He shipped them with water but the bags leaked. He just tied knots loosley on the bags and put them in the cooler and marked this end up on the box. Like they ever pay any attention to this end up messages. Thanks Birdlady. I will se if the brain will take the shrimp. It seems like he opens up at night and deflates and looks sad while the lights are on. I thought about moving him under a rock so he is part shaded but havent tryed yet.

Jay

6. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Opening up at night is what LPS corals do. I would not shade it as they are also photosynthetic, but you have bright lights, try to acclimate by moving perhaps out of direct light, but they still do need light.

Feed it at night when it is open too;D

If it is opening at night, I don't feel it is in dire straights just yet....give it some time::)

7. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

Thanks Birdlady. This is a great looking brain and want to keep it that way.

I got some new corals in the fedex todat. 2 Favia, 1 awesome green metalic Fox, the pipe organ, 1 caulstrea with 8 5 or 6 heads, 1 frogspawn, I will post some pics after they acclimate. Probably 2 or 3 days.

Jay

8. Click Here!

9. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Awesome! Can't wait to see the pics;D