cant kill button polyps !! any ideas on eradication

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by wastemanagement, Oct 15, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

let me add on to my suggestion try to burn them with a soldering gun, and burn up there bases. i think thats a good idea but ive never tried because i usually do the opposite and try to prevent corals from dying lol. so let me know how it goes if you try it.

and you should take the rock out of the water when you do this.

2. Click Here!

3. PumaKrieg

PumaKrieg Flamingo Tongue

yes i was going to say frag the shrooms to a diff rock and send me the buttons... thanks!

4. wastemanagement

wastemanagement Eyelash Blennie

YEa I want to kill the buttons not me :laugh5:

5. cdub4292

cdub4292 Astrea Snail

couldnt you just take the LR out and scrub it
    Im assuming button polyps are different than algae but when my boyfriend has lots of algae on his LR he just took it out and scrubbed each rock which made it clean
    maybe it will work IDK im pretty new.

courtney

6. wastemanagement

wastemanagement Eyelash Blennie

Hi Courtney the link below is of a old post of mine were I actualy saved this coloney LOL let the good times roll are over now:(!!
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/coral/amazingly-resilient-43417.html
    Hi gang,
    I am amazed at how resilient some of these corals are. I recently had a disease in a collony of zoos were they were just decintergrating of the rock 1 after the other( Originaly when I purchased the colleny thier were 3 or 4 dammaged polyps on it ) dammaged so I thought, infact diseased.
    So in a last ditched effort to save the collony I removed the rock form the tank and with a tooth brush and butter knife scraped and scrubbed 3/4 s of the collony away.
    Once I was satisfied that the worst was behind me I diped the rock in a Iodine solution for 15min. and placed back in the tank.
    Left behind on the rock were around a dozen polyps and a heap of busted up fleshy lumps which I thought would just decinergrate, amzingly enough its these little fleshy lumps that have now turned into small individual polyps.
    I have whitnessed no dye off in any off the remaining polyps and now with the regrowth I am looking to be about a even head count ( let the good times roll ):laughings
    Just sharing the joy, you now what I mean
    Attached Thumbnails[​IMG]

_________