Candy Cane Q's

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by mwlude, Jan 8, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mwlude

mwlude Astrea Snail

I just got a candy cane frag yesterday (green centers and red around the edge) and I have had to handle it a few times because my emerald crab decided to knock it around. Is it bad to touch the hard part (red on mine) around the green center. I read that their flesh it delicate is that part of the flesh or are they talking about the center.

2. Click Here!

3. jtReef

jtReef Ritteri Anemone

I would try not to touch it. If it is slimy then you are actually taking away from it as the slime will rub off and then have to be rebuilt thus consuming it's resources. If it is hard and dry than I would not worry about it.

4. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
    i have a majority of mine in the sand to avoid that problem. your lighting seems high enough to support them at the bottom of the tank. but, if you touched the soft part i would not worry about that unless you break the white skeleton that grows within that soft flesh. ive fragged mine and have done the same thing that you have, and i havent had a problem. but if you have to move it go for the base of the coral the "dead" looking part opposite the flesh.

5. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

second that. I was worried when I got mine too. And my bleenie thought it was cool to bite at it till it fell off. So I just pushed the dead end into the sand and left it. I think it is doing better there anyway.