Candy Cane Coral

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Seppish, May 5, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seppish

Seppish Fire Worm

DOes anyone have experience with these, and if so please tell me some. Feeding?, Light? Flow? PLacement in tank? Do you like it? Thank you. I'm thinking of getting one of these soon, there is a nice sized "frag" at me LFS for $20! I wouldn't consider it a frag cause it's about 6" tall and has 3 or 4 heads on it. I love the look, but what do you think?

2. Click Here!

3. Frizza

Frizza Coral Banded Shrimp

I've got a candy cane coral in my tank. It has been in my tank for around 8 months or so and it started with three heads and now there are ten. I have moved it around a few times and it is now placed at a low level (a couple of inches off the sand bed) and is in a calmer water flow area. I don't actually feed mine at all, I think I can count on one hand the amount of times I've target fed. The tentacles come out in full force after the lights go out so this is probably why I haven't bothered.
    All in all I have found it very easy to look after, but with all things, what works for one may not work for others. I have tried to keep some zoa's in the past and they just do not grow well in my tank, don't know why they just don't!

Anyway, I like the candy cane coral, it's a nice piece and looks great under actinics.

4. scvc

scvc Bristle Worm

I have candy cane in my tank. It is extremely easy. As long as water if fairly good it will grow. I started with 3 heads and it quickly spread. mine have been through 2 tank size changes, a move where they were in a temporary tub for 3 weeks and have never lost any.Probably have 70 in there now. I have actually glued them on to a piece of coral shaped like a tree. others are down in the sand. Seem pretty happy most anywhere. You will love them.

5. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I agree with the statments below, I have had my CC for about 8 yrs now and I love them. Great hardy coral that looks like a small anemone at night. Mine has doubled in size being really close the light with a moderate flow. I used to spot feed it, but that was when I had very few corals. Now I just pour the food into the tank. Good luck with them and dont forget the pics;D Luna

6. Frizza

Frizza Coral Banded Shrimp

You and your pics ;D

7. Seppish

Seppish Fire Worm

Awesome! Thanks everyone, you should all be salesmen cause I'm super pumped about going and buying one. I think I'll but it and leave it at the store until after my move in a month it's not worth the risk. Thank You!

8. Click Here!

9. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

And you dont like pics? I dont anyone that doesnt like looking at pics:p. Im being funny with it. Luna