Can you superglue pulsing xenia???

Discussion in 'Frags' started by bama, Oct 20, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

You can use a small cup or a shot glass. All you need is someway to prevent the xenia from blowing off the rock. If you go too small you stand a good chance of the xenia stick to the container instead of the shell or rock.

Another thing you can do is wait for the xenia to grow a "foot" and just position your shell directly under the foot, wait for it to attach and clip the stalk.

2. Click Here!

3. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Purple Spiny Lobster

Stick it on the sandbed until it attaches itself then glue the sand down inside the shell

4. bama

bama Humpback Whale

frag 1 already pulsing..

[​IMG]

frag 2 pulsing as well..

[​IMG]

Thanks for the help guys..

5. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

that looks cool, is the clam idea to make sure it doesn't spread and take over?

6. bama

bama Humpback Whale

I never thought of it as a "control" method, just wanted something new instead of a rock or frag plug.. Plus Im giving one of these to a fellow 3reefer, kirklandp..

7. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I have gel super glued Xenia 4 or 5 times now and never had a problem with it sliming up (never could glue down shrooms or kenya's though).

That too is a good idea. I actually clip these before the foot attaches as control, but doing it this way to frag it should work well.

8. Click Here!

9. jzenob

jzenob Coral Banded Shrimp

just stick the piece of xenia in the clam shell....get some fine neting.....put over the clam shell with a couple of rubber band so the xenia is trapped in....and wait a week or 2 and the xenia willl attach its self to the shell....done it plenty of times trust me

10. aussiejodie

aussiejodie Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

my LFS recommended a product for attaching my corals that always get moved by something in the tank. Its a putty called Selleys Aqua Knead it. I put some in the tank last night and it worked well.