Can you get to the 3reef homepage?

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Mar 29, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sssnake

sssnake Montipora Digitata

No problem here Matt with Firefox & IE.

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks. It appears it is only a problem if you hit the homepage when the code was there that was incorrect.

Thankfully I have Windows Vista and it crashed later clearing my session data on my Firefox browser.

Poor baugherb is still hosed by this though and I am trying to help him out.

Lame. I am sorry. I will not listen to more suggestions from my ISP until they are tested elsewhere. :p

4. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Matt, its not that big of a deal to me, it is a small pain, very small, but the gains obtained from 3Reef make this look like a grain of sand in the sahara desert....

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I sent you a bunch of PMs related to cache, cookies, etc.. in AOL.
    Hope that helps. I'd like to fix this for you if I can.

6. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Got It!!!!!!! Wooooo Hooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  7. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

wise choice, there probably not running linux

no problems here, running linux with att dsl

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Awesome.
    For others, baugherb, cleared cache, etc.., closed AOL and reopened.

Well let's just say I can't say anymore about that. ::)

Anyway, if there are others that hit the site during that 1 minute window, hopefully they will read this thread.

1 person likes this.
  10. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Hey Matt, from home the site works fine. From work, i get a blank page using Firefox, and using I.E. I get window pop-up Titled "File Download - Security Warning" and reading "Do you want to download this file?"
    Name: forums
    Type: unknown file type, 35.3 KB
    From: www,3reef,com (I used commas to prevent the hyperlink)

and displays the option boxes "Save" "Cancel"

Fortunately, I can get in the "back door" by going into a PM link in my email and selecting a thread link like "new posts". Then I can choose a section from the Fourm Menu at the left. However, the Forums page which displays all the menus and latests posts will not show up. The 3reef Home link does work.
    I can also get in using recent history or putting one of the forum subtopics in as a favorite.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Bogie

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Ugh. I assume you must have hit the homepage when my ISP misconfigured the PHP settings on the server - there is nothing viral or anything like that - but what the wonderful move did is cause the PHP to be interpreted by the browser as a file download request. :(
    Anyway, you know this much. To support my theory, did this start around the same day that I started this thread?

Have you cleared your cache and closed and reopened the browser? Actually before you close it, clear session data too. (tools - options - privacy - settings)

I almost had to save bookmarks and uninstall/reinstall the browser but luckily Windows Vista crashed and cleared my session data. heh.

My recs above helped baugherb clean his up. I hope it works for you too.

I am furious about this incident and I am still fighting my ISP over it. :beadyeyes:evil::-X

Please let me know how it works out.

12. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Actually, Matt, you started this thread on 3/29 (Saturday). I had problems with it at work starting on Mon or Tues - don't usually work Saturdays except when doing O.T. I can try clearing my settings and erasing cookings and internet files, but a lot of computer admin privledges (even defragmenting and cleaning up disk space) is only allowed by the CSC admins, b/c our company leases the computers and they maintain all the software, etc...
    Oh well, until it gets worked out, at least I still have the "back door" entrance to get to the site on my lunch break. :) If you get any solid info on how to fix this, just PM me. Thanks.