Can someone please help me with this light.

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by jesse94954, Apr 9, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jesse94954

jesse94954 Fire Worm

Hello everyone my name is jesse. Im not new to this form or the reef. I decided to tear my tank 150 gallon tank down about 2 years ago due to family. Curreny looking to come back to the hobby. I will be setting up a 160 gallon tank up here pretty soon. The tank is W48 X D24 X H32 and i was thinking about putting 2 of these light in and need you help if this will work for soft and some hard coral toward top of the tank. Hera is the link what i was thinking about buying and thank you in advance

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MarsAqua-16...534?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a49d1d03e

Description
    • Dimmable 165W LED Aquarium Light with Lens for each led.
    • Dimmer One(28 LEDs): 8 x Cool White 12,000k, 6 x Neutral White 7500k, 6 x Warm White 3500k, 2 x Red 660nm, 2 x Green 520nm, 4 x Blue 460nm
    • Dimmer Two(27 LEDs): 7 x Royal Blue 450nm, 20 x Blue 460nm
    • Two Dimmers, two power cords and two on/off switches to control blue &white separately
    • Output Optimized for PAR, Sufficient Lights Spectrum, Super Light Penetration
    • PAR of the light is: 28PAR for Lens can output more PAR
    • 3 Watt Epistar LED
    • LED Output Power: 55pcs*3watt
    • Dimension: 400mm*212mm*60mm
    • Working temperature: -20 to 40 Degree Celsius
    • Input voltage: AC85V-265V
    • Lifespan: 50000-100000hours
    • The range of power consumption under 110V: 123W-130W; 220V: 120W-126W
    • Black painted casing.
    • The LED Spectrum ratio can be changed for big order (more than 2pcs).
    Package includes

2. Click Here!

3. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

I think there are a few people on here who use the dimmable Chinese lights. If no one chimes in Todd Sails is someone you should PM

4. jesse94954

jesse94954 Fire Worm

thank you chris i will try to get in touch with Todd Sails.

5. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

He swears by those lights. I have yet to see a post where someone says they have had a bad experience with any of them.

6. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

I have the same exact ones and I can vouche for them. Theyll grow anything and I even get great growth out of my 2 pictinas. you just gotta dial in the settings on the dimmers. I do have say though after a while I am noticing a slight discharge on one of them if my hand is wet but Im afraid to take it apart and void my warranty. emailing the people who I bought them from is a pain so I do warn to look where you buy them from to avoid Chinese customer service.

7. jesse94954

jesse94954 Fire Worm

Perfect i was hoping to hear that. Currently running low on funds so in the mean time these will do great till i can afford the nicer ones. Thank you everyone. I will post picture when i have the tank up

8. Click Here!

9. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

Don't even worry about getting the "high end" ones. these have been proven to have just as much if not more out put then any if the high end name brands. do a lil digging around on line and I think theres a post on another fourm where a guy does a complete comparison between these 165w and a Radion. the Chinese literally had the same output at all depths and spread. when I upgrade to my 370 I'm for sure getting more the the Chinese LEDs. I'm sure anyone who owns these can speak just ad highly about them as I can.

10. jesse94954

jesse94954 Fire Worm

Perfect, Thank you I was planning on getting 2 of these lights. But with the size of my tank do you think that I should get more?

11. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

I would think 2 should be fine for 48" W
    Usually see 3 on the 72"W tank

12. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

I think the main difference between the chinese and "high end" lights is the quality of components used, craftsmanship, and customer support/warranty. The chinese lights MAY not last as long, be as durable, and if you have an issue with the light it may be a replace type of situation over repair. I am not saying they are a good or bad at all, I have no experience with the fixtures and have heard very good things about them, and what i have stated here is my observation from my research when i was buying lights myself.

Sataly likes this.