Can someone ID this? Updated!!!!

Discussion in 'Algae' started by sticksmith23, Jun 19, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

CuC crew ordered today. Hopefully they like the treats in my tank, lol

2. Click Here!

3. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

What do you have for flow/powerheads in the tank? When you said it was in the front two corners I immeadiately thought you might have dead spots.

4. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

I have all that in my signature, but it is two Aqua Clear 50 HOB and a Penguin 550 Power Head. I would say dead spot as well, but it is all over my sand bed in the front on several of my rocks now.

5. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

I would def think about some more flow in there. Personally I would use 3 or 4 powerheads. I know that its not always possible to run out and grab more equipment, just a suggestion as something to work towards.

6. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

That is something that I most definitively do in the near future. I think my next purchase will be a protein skimmer though.

7. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

I just tested my phosphates again. They are at 5 ppm. I replace the GAC in my HOB, so maybe this is helping. I should have my macro algae here by Wednesday.

What is the best way to protect the macro algae from my emerald crab?

8. Click Here!

9. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

i assume this is a bristle worm, but today is the first time that I have seen it.

[​IMG]

This is the best pic I could get of the white stuff growing on the under side of this rock.

[​IMG]

Can someone help me with ID's for both of these please?

10. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

11. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

12. Reef Queen

Reef Queen Feather Duster

[​IMG]Oh man i was having a huge cyano problem in my biocube i couldnt figure out why because all my params were perfect and since i only have 2 corals in there and no fish yet i have had the light out for the past 2 days...the corals arnt happy but not doing too bad and the cyano was almost completely gone at 5pm when i last checked (since its a biocube i covered the front have with a blanket so there is absolutely no light and the back half i could keep open as there is no glass there)...ill turn the lights on tomorrow and see if it comes back, but i would only do this as a last ditch effort...i just wanted to try it while i didnt have anything i wouldnt mind loosing to see if it would work...so far so good lol. Also yes that is a bristleworm and he is not a bad one from the looks of him...i dont have any on my 120 because my peppermint shrimp likes them as snacks, but i have 2 in my 29(that blurry looking thing in the pic is one of them) and i love them, they look exactly the same as yours...they dont hurt anything (except you if you touch them lol) and they are a good member of the CUC...also i cant see the white stuff well from your pics but does it kind of look like dusty weeds or roots? if so i hope someone knows what those are becasue i found some in my 120 today...i dont think they are bad...they look pretty benign...but who knows in this buisiness...they could be flesh eating mosters posing as friendly little weeds hahaha