Can Lime juice also kill aiptasia?

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by lunatik_69, Feb 10, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 150 split

150 split Astrea Snail

i tried using boiling water and my aptesia just closed up and came back out the next day big as ever. i have tried using kawk and that works but it gets in the tank and gets every where and if you do not get in thier mouth it just burns them and when they grow back more than one comes back. i have been looking for a cure i bought 2 pepermant shrimps and nothing i thought about getting a copper banded butterfly but i heard that they are hard to keep i am going from 150 to 240 soon, so they will have plenty of aptasia and worms or what ever they need. Just would like a fish or something that will keep this problem under control dont want to keep putting my arm in the tank and risking the tankmates for these pesky weeds.

2. Click Here!

3. Reefdiver72

Reefdiver72 Feather Duster

Kalk paste and aptasia stop mixed together works well also.

4. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

5. reefersRus

reefersRus Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Somewhere on here someone told me to use Purple up. It works wonders. I had one little one. I just squirted it with an eye dropper and it closed up and never came back. It was on my big mushroom rock so I didn't want to kill them in the process. Good luck.

6. nanocube1

nanocube1 Plankton

i just got a peppermint shrimp, the first couple of days it was getting used to the tank the very next day almost all aptasia were gone some were even 1/2 inch in diameter.

7. Godbert

Godbert Montipora Capricornis

dont worry about the change in ph, with a 90 g tank at a ph of 8.4 your ph will change about .001 in the downward direction, thi is as long as you use a syringe and do not just dump the syuff in your tank of course, i would maybe test alk but i do not think it will change