Can i use Hot Super glue??

Discussion in 'Frags' started by aquariaman, Jan 5, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

I'm confused. There is a super glue/accelerator combination that is called HOT. The glue is not actually hot. Is this what you're talking about, or do you mean a hot glue gun that melts a stick of glue?

2. Click Here!

3. aquariaman

aquariaman Pajama Cardinal

I mean the hot glue gun that you put the little tube of glue in it and the gun melts it and squeezes the glue out.

4. barbianj

Ahhhhh....no, you can't do that.

5. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

:lol::lol::lol:

6. barbianj

This is a gel super glue (Cyanoacrylate) that is used often used IC-Gel Ethyl Cyanoacrylate Gel .7oz (hlc116) Hobbylinc CA Super Glue

In addition to that, I like to use an accelerator to make it harden extremely quick. Sometimes it's referred to as "hot" glue, which is why I was confused. I get it through one of my suppliers. It's the small bottle with the blue cap. Rival Hide A Scratch System | Granite City Tool
    It's not necessary to use an accelerator, I happen to have it on hand and I like to use it. Water will also activate it, although not as fast, which is why it works great for reefing. The rocks and plugs don't need to be completely dry. Hope that helps.

7. aquariaman

aquariaman Pajama Cardinal

Thank you! Yes, that helps a ton!

8. Click Here!

9. socal86

socal86 Fire Worm

DO NOT use hot glue gun glue it will kill your livestock it has chemicals that are not safe for fish tanks use epoxy