Can I mix them?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by szogun, Apr 5, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. szogun

szogun Feather Duster

Hi all I want to know If I can have all those shrimps in my 75gal tank 2 cleaners, 1 fire, 1 peppermint , and 1 color banded? I have over 100Lb of LR

Thanks for all info :)

2. Click Here!

3. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Many places recommend two shrimp per 100 gallons. I would stick with the Red Skunk Cleaners or a pair of Fire Shrimp. You could mix all but the CBS if you had a bigger tank.

4. szogun

szogun Feather Duster

before I was thinking 2 cleaner and one fire would it work?

5. Phil5613

Phil5613 Purple Spiny Lobster

I currently have 2 pepper, 1 cleaner ( soon to be 2) and a coral banded and they all get along ok. The coral banded getts harassed by my female sebae clown but has learned to stay clear of her.

6. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

[quote author=szogun link=board=Inverts;num=1081220647;start=0#2 date=04/05/04 at 20:53:52]before I was thinking 2 cleaner and one fire would it work?[/quote]

Yes. I have two mating Red Skunk Cleaners in my 80 gallon.

7. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

I don't see a problem with adding all those shrimp and more. The cleaners are fine with the fire and visa versa. The coral banded will simplky pick an area, and the rest will stay away.

I see no reason why any place would make a blanket statement about stocking shrimp, ie. 2 per hundread gallons. Cleaner shrimp can live in large congrigations in tanks as can peppermints. Fire shrimp should be spread out a little bit. Anemone and sexy shrimp can be in larger numbers in tanks and the rest I'd stear clear of for reef tanks. In my old 54 corner tank, I had 8 cleaners (many small), several peppermints and 2 fire shrimp. Non ever had any problems, other then the peppermints getting large and annoying my clam (so I caught the shrimp and brought them into my work).

8. Click Here!

9. Speedy

Speedy Fire Shrimp

Just a reminder that when keeping this many shrimp you need to make sure that you have optimal iodine level, for their molting. Oh yeah, remember to look out for the molts. ;D

10. JOER0178

JOER0178 Peppermint Shrimp

i have 2 cleaner 1 fire and a coral banded in my 75gal and they all seem to get along fine. my coral banded only comes out at night and the fire only comes out at feeding time. the cleaner shrimp on the other hand are always out and about, and they clean the fish, so i suggest you get 3 of them if your like me and like you see your investment

11. szogun

szogun Feather Duster

Thanks I'm happy to hear that. I love the shrimps :)
    and I'm glad that someone have the setup I want and its successful. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

12. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

[quote author=David Guzman Jr link=board=Inverts;num=1081220647;start=0#6 date=04/08/04 at 05:54:09]Just a reminder that when keeping this many shrimp you need to make sure that you have optimal iodine level, for their molting.  Oh yeah, remember to look out for the molts.  ;D[/quote]

Yah and keep up with your calcium, alkalinity and PH as well.