Can Bubble Tip Anemones be White?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by HollyG, Jul 19, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. HollyG

HollyG Teardrop Maxima Clam

There is a guy that wants to sell me a apparent "white" BTA that has greens and blues under a bluer lighting. I didn't think that BTAs could be white without being considered bleached. It's 3" and he wants $45 for it. from what i have been reading online, doesn't seem like it should be that color. I'm trying to get teh guy to send me a pick, but no luck yet. I'm thinking he's trying to take me for a fool to be honest.

2. Click Here!

3. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

google images provided a couple images of what looked like healthy white bta's...however idk if i would get one.

4. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

i did a quick search and didnt turn up anything. sounds like its probably bleached.

5. reefermadnes

reefermadnes Bristle Worm

Bubble tips will also be white if the phose is too high. Once the phose comes back down they regain their color.

6. anb

anb Coral Banded Shrimp

I bought a white one, it's my fave nem to date. There's a pic of it in my thread. Search "my 200 gal"

7. oyf709

oyf709 Bristle Worm

there is no BTA in white, if it comes in white either its not a BTA or its bleeched

8. Click Here!

9. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

There are no white anemones. If they are white they are bleached it dyed. Both are very bad and survival rate is low. But it is possible to nurse them back to health.

10. HollyG

HollyG Teardrop Maxima Clam

ok thanks guys.... thast what I thoguht... cause i tried googling white btas and only came up with bleached nems... thanks... not getting it!

11. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

Also look for gaping mouths, another sign of illness.

12. anb

anb Coral Banded Shrimp

Well. After checking on this, I'm a little put out. The nem my husband brought home is healthy as can be. It attached immediately, feeds well. I've had no probs with it whatsoever. Sorry for jacking your thread but I'm curious if this bleaching means this things going to up and kick the bucket after doing so well