Camren's 45 Gallon Cube Build

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Camkha1234, Sep 4, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nept2n

nept2n Coral Banded Shrimp

Cam, nice job bud. I'll be following along. Sorry about the royal. Good luck with your tests.

2. Click Here!

3. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Browning suggests it needs more lighting. They can be tough though. You could always do an easier one to try such as Green Slimer. For my tank, the fastest growing is an ORA Tricolor, although my Montipora spongodes has been growing very well. Meanwhile, I can't keep A. millepora in my 125. Doing well in my 50 gallon SPS only tank though.

4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

5. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

Sorry everyone, I've just been super busy lately. Everything has been doing great. The corals are all open, the new heads on the Duncan are growing, there's another polyp growing on one of the Zoas, the Gorgonian is even starting to encrust on the rocks, which I thought was pretty awesome. The only thing I'm worried about is that I'm going on vacation for a week and a half with my family, which should be a good time, but I have no one over the vacation that can watch the tank and top it off. It's making me a bit nervous. I guess I have to figure out some sort of quick ATO to make. It doesn't have to look pretty, but I just need something there to keep everything stable. Anyways, I'll get pics up shortly :)

The piece has been a confusing one to keep, because browning usually means that there isn't enough light, but, from what I've seen from researching it online, it also means that it may be receiving too much light, keeping it from turning the purple color that it's supposed to be. I guess I'll just move it around a bit and see where it likes it best. I may have to try a Green Slimer, although I'd like to try a Monti Cap first just to see if SPS besides the ones I have would do alright in the tank.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  6. oldfishkeeper

I'm sure you can figure something out Cam. I've always heard that I need to see Vegas and I've also heard that it's a fantastic place to visit even if you don't gamble so I'm sure you'll have a great time. Remember though, with your luck, you'll definitely want to gamble in Vegas when you're of legal age :)

7. Camkha1234

Yeah we'll see. It shouldn't be too hard to find something, it seems like there's so much there. I'll make sure to go back. That would be an awesome 21st birthday ;) Meet up with me then and we'll gamble together haha

8. Click Here!

9. oldfishkeeper

with your luck, yes, I'll meet up with you! :)

10. Camkha1234

Perfect ;) So,

Any ideas as far as an easy ATO? I was thinking of setting up a separate 10 gallon tank and having 2-3 drops of water drip into the sump every second with airline tubing. Would that be fast enough?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  11. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

12. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

An iv style dripper should work.;)