Camera Talk

Discussion in 'Aquarium Photography' started by Seano Hermano, Sep 12, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bsutton

bsutton Feather Duster

How long have you had that camera? Thats the exact camera my wife wants for Xmas. Whats your personal opinion on it?

Brian

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

I agree. I like my camera;D

4. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I like the camera. I got it in late Feb. - early March of this year, shortly before thee newer model came out. It's really nice. There is a newer model out, the P100...not as good. Its only 10mp apposed to 12 on this one & the optical zoom is only 2 more, than mine.

My camera has 24x optical zoom, 12mp. with an ISO setting of b/w 64 & 1200. It is a wide angle 'super-zoom camera', hence the 24x. It is great for macro shots, as-well as those weird angles & far-distance shots. Sometimes I wish I could get in a little closer though. Which an SLR with a macro lens will do better. But this camera isn't meant solly for macro. If I wanted that I would have gotten the SLR. I really like the angles screen, which I couldn't get with an SLR. This allows for unique angles for outdoor photography.

All-in-all, it's a great camera. I would recommend it to anybody, if you want a nice camera, but can't shell out the money for a pro. If you want a camera mainly to take shots of the aquarium, I would recommend an SLR. I just can't get the aperture fast enough for taking shots of moving fish.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  5. bsutton

bsutton Feather Duster

You think this is a good camera for action (sports) shots?

Brian

6. Seano Hermano

I have to say that I don't know. I've never really tried. I know it has an 'action' setting, but I don't use it.

7. mcfarrow

mcfarrow Skunk Shrimp

I only buy manfrotto tripods now. I've had too many close calls in the past with cheapos.

8. Click Here!

9. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I've got a 20 year old Manfrotto that I used with a 4x5 and 8x10 camera. After 20 years it still has no issues. I'm on the verge of getting a new tripod for 2 reasons. I'd like something a lot lighter and I can't stand the ball adjustments.

just my thoughts, I'm not up on the latest and greatest tripod tech

J

10. Seano Hermano

Thanks for the opinions. I think I'll get this one when I get a tripod. For now I bought a 53" Targus from(yes..) Walmart.