Calling all VorTech owners..

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by exactlyobp, Jan 9, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

I use redsea reef energy and you should see how the different modes actually effect the flow its pretty amazing since the reef energy is yellow. Ill try to post up a video for everyone to see :)

2. Click Here!

3. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

^^ I love to see that vid!

4. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

I just got the second MP40. As I mentioned before, its not ES model, the 2nd gen with the white controller.

But I wasnt 100% sure if I could synchronize the different generation MP40s wirelessly. Turned out, they are compatible. You just cant use the ES mode which old ones dont have. If you set the Nutrient Transfer Mode, the old one goes into constant mode.

Here is what I did in case someone else is interested:
    -I thought I should upgrade the firmware on the MP40w since it's the 2nd gen model, turned out, I didnt need the upgrade. I follow the instruction put both of them in the firmware upgrade mode, didnt do anything, so Ill keep using them as they are.
    -I did the "Full Driver Memory Clear" on both drivers.
    -I set the MP40w ES as the Master, MP40w as the slave, following the instruction. (you can download the instruction from the EcoTech site if you misplaced them)
    -I couldnt find how to set Sync or Anti-Sync on the instruction, but simply push the "Mode" button on your slave, it would switch around (white and orange indicator). I placed the pumps one on each side, so they should be Anti-Synced, so one is at 80%, the other is at 20%.

Over all, one MP40 wouldve been fine, but more is better. Its just more efficient, quieter, more random flow etc.

5. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

Which modes would you like to see ^^ and ill test both pumps out

6. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Id like a vid of Short Pulse Mode! Gotta love the standing wave!!

7. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Glad you got them working together! Sweet!!

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Thanks Kacy! and yes it's saweeeet! LOL

10. Travis45

Travis45 Scooter Blennie

I run dual MP40s on Reef crest Antisync. I always try to leave Reef Crest mode but always end up coming back to it.

11. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Yeah, thats what I set to right now as well. ReefCrest, Anti-Sync seems really popular around here :)

12. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

If someone has two, both are wireless, and they aren't running anti sync, they are nuts or they are running a tank that doesn't allow for the units to be placed on opposite sides.

To me, that's where the vortech shines. Two powerful pumps working the water in harmony.