Calling all VorTech owners..

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by exactlyobp, Jan 9, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. billielewis3

billielewis3 Gigas Clam

well if i cant get one 40 to make a wave the forget about it. not worth the 800+ for the 2 required, as least not to me.

2. Click Here!

3. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

if you can't get the 40 to make a wave its you and not the equipment. (Not trying to talk smack) friend of mine almost had water splashing out of his tank with an mp10 and I did have water splashing out of my 90 with a mp40. Where do you have the pump located and have you tried the auto tune function to get it close then fine tune it?

4. billielewis3

billielewis3 Gigas Clam

so a wave is possible with just one MP40 in a 90 gallon? well then that worth it for me.

5. sharoleb

sharoleb Bristle Worm

I hope it's possible to make a wave in a 90 with an MP40! I just bought one, should get it this weekend. I'm so excited!

6. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

You should get a wave, although probably not a huge wave. I'm not sure if a wave is the best mode though, but that is another topic.

7. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Hey billie, well, one MP40 is working just fine for me as a whole tank, but Id like to stock it with more SPSs. The MP40 is on the left side and all the SPSs are on the left rock island. If I start placing SPSs on the other side, I dont think it would be enough flow for some of them. Thats why another MP40w is coming tomorrow! Its an older generation model, but hopefully the two MP40s get the flow I want/need.

8. Click Here!

9. billielewis3

billielewis3 Gigas Clam

im thinking of getting one, placing it on the right hand side, and them take my 2 korilia magnums and putting them on the back of the tank, pointing to the front of the tank, and keeping my maxijet 1200 on the left hand side. right now i have about 64x turn over, and with the addition of an MP40 itll be 80-90 X turn over rate. like a boss.

10. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Yeah, some people use the combo of one MP40 and Koralias. But me being a neat freak, I just HATE the multiple cable coming out the tank...

11. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

That, and one of the biggest perks of the vortech's is how minimally invasive they are in the tank, something negated if you use Koralias too. :)

12. billielewis3

billielewis3 Gigas Clam

cables dont look that bad when they are coverd in coraline algea :) if theres one thing i can do, its grow coraline algea.