Calling all VorTech owners..

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by exactlyobp, Jan 9, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Haha I know and I learned a lot already!

2. Click Here!

3. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Well thanks to this thread I moved my MP10 and changed it to Reef Crest mode. :)

I have my return pump going left and MP10 going right, when the MP10 is at medium they cancel each other out. Looks nice and fish seem to LOVE it!

4. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Haha same here, its been on the reef crest mode last 3 hours as well!

5. mightyrae

mightyrae Spaghetti Worm

I run my MP40wES on NTM. I run it at 75%. I have it on my 75g. After reading this I feel like I need more to compete with you guys!;) I was thinking of adding a controller relatively soon but I wasnt feeling the need to run my Vortechs on them since they already have there own controls. Because I cannot stop spending money in this hobby I am thinking of adding a MP10wES but its not like I need it at this point. I guess one can never have too many Vortechs. Just not enough tanks to put them in!:)

6. brannock_16

brannock_16 Ritteri Anemone

120 Gallon (4x2x2) LPS dominant reef tank.

2 x Vortech MP40 W ES - Left and Right side of tank
    1 x Vortech MP10 W ES - Back wall of tank (in between overflows)

The most used program by me is Reef Crest and Lagoon at roughly 70% (anti sync). When I do water changes and tank maintenance I run NTM on 100% (anti sync w/ mp10 on constant). I also like to due the short and long pulse occasionally on 90%.

7. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

lol well depends on how everything is looking the tank i switch things up every few days though. I have

1 MP60 (Lagoon or Reefcrest mode about 1/2 way up)
    1 MP40 (turned all the way up short pulse mode)

on my 75gal. Everything in my tank loves some flow lmao

8. Click Here!

9. billielewis3

billielewis3 Gigas Clam

exatlyopb, how do you like just the one mp40 in your 90? i hear a lot of people say that its not worth it unless you have two, but im sure its still better than most. i have two korila magnums in my tank right now, but they dont do anything but come on and go off. I like them but i would love to have the "pulse" mode and everything else that the vortech offers.

can your 40 make a wave in the 90?

10. Crimson Ghost

Crimson Ghost Blue Ringed Angel

I have three MP40's on my 180 and one MP10 or 20 in my sump. I run two a constant speed which it took a while to dial in and one at random. The sump VorTech fires off at night for 15 minutes on Random – nice way to feed the filter feeders and keeps the sump cleaned up.

11. leighton1245

I have been trying ot get mine to do random at night but cant figure it out. How did you gety it to work?

12. leighton1245

I cant get my MP40 to make a wave in my 75 but i can get my MP60 to push water out of the tank lol 8)