Cad Lights aquarium

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by zeeman04, Feb 1, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zeeman04

zeeman04 Plankton

I looked into BM curve 5 but wasn't sure it would fit. So I guess it does I believe I will get one also. Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. zeeman04

zeeman04 Plankton

Ok just built the cabinet that I piece is not part of this cabinet, however you could modify it to work. Also I installed push latches to make it easier to open the doors ( which is not a good design). I did find pictures on cl web site under versa series 68g, it shows the cabinet door open. Let me know when you get setup and how its running. I won't be setting mine up until April.

4. John M

John M Plankton

Hey I connected all plumbing and now have an issue with the Herbie Dorso Head. It fits on the drain pipe fine, but doesnt really fit in the overflow box. I have to slightly bend the drain pipe for it to fit in there, and if I do that, it starts to leak below the tank at the bulkhead. Where you able to fit that? Below are some photos

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AFBEm3kNCOrWezg&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AD7Y-D644c8NZ7Q&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg

5. zeeman04

zeeman04 Plankton

Hi, I just try to fit the drain pipe on, it goes on, but I had to bend it a little. Did you glue the pipe into the bulkhead? I would not glue the tee on the top of the pipe. I have an issue with the small hole drilled in the tank for the return, They drilled it deformed, not sure if it will leak. I am not setting the tank up until April when I return from a vacation trip. I would send you pictures, but I am not sure how too. Also how did you make out with the stand?

6. zeeman04

zeeman04 Plankton

Just tried another avenue, if you have not glued your drain pipe into the bulkhead try putting 2 45's Onto the pipe in middle of the overflow box and that will give you the room you need.

7. John M

John M Plankton

I already glued the drainpipe into the bulkhead in the overflow. But it shouldnt matter. The HDH should fit regardless. It seems like the 1" hold they drilled in the tank should of been over more so that HDH would have more space.