C-Skim 1200 Skimmer from Red Sea

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Aug 9, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. christyf5

christyf5 Astrea Snail

Wow interesting design. I love the neck cleaning system, it looks pretty effective.

LOL @ the paper towel poop popsicles :-X ;)

2. Click Here!

3. Chaloupa

Chaloupa Plankton

Looks pretty neat....wish the video had showed him removing the cup also to see the ease in that (or not). Be interesting to see someone buy this and get some real feedback on it's performance. If it works as well as it looks it would be a really great skimmer that would save time and as put previously "get rid of the papertowel poop popsicles!!!!' YAY! I think my husband would buy it just for that so I am not showing him the gunk anymore!;D

4. Untamed

Untamed Plankton

Cool...I think I would need 4 of them...

5. steveh

steveh 3reef Sponsor

I would have shown the lid coming off but I was trying to hold the camera at the time! Anyway, if you're familiar with a canister filter then it's the same principal. It's so simple. Just lift the 2 latches and the lid comes off. The whole inside of the skimmer (which has a unique skimming system) can be removed and cleaned if necessary. However this is really rare due to the neck washing system.

6. diggardens

diggardens Feather Duster

Anyone know the price for one of these?

7. steveh

steveh 3reef Sponsor

C-Skim 1200

The skimmers are due to launch very shortly, and you may find if you google them you can check out the pricing

8. Click Here!

9. 4218kris

4218kris Plankton

looks great a billion times better than prizm im sure $349.99 at marine depot

10. steveh

steveh 3reef Sponsor

You're right Kris, this is a real professional skimmer for serious hobbyists. The performance and features are fantastic, and at that price it's a steal.

11. Enjoihavok

Enjoihavok Plankton

So Does anyone have an exact release date? Im in the market for a new skimmer and this looks about what I want to spend and want to get something that is going to last me a long time. So two part question

1. When does it exactly come out, so I know if its near enough to wait for?
    and
    2. For $350+tax is there anything out there that is better then this setup for the price or does this look to be a good price for everything pacakged in?

12. steveh

steveh 3reef Sponsor

Check marine depot as they may have stock now, or will have a release date if not.