Bye to the Reef World....

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by kiarah, May 30, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kiarah

kiarah Coral Banded Shrimp

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help & advise you have all given to me over the past 1 & half.

Im am said to say i have sold my Reef to another Reefer due to the health complications my 2 year daughter has been suffering with.

She has since January this year spent nearly 3 months in hospital due to sever breathing problems....they run tests & found she had a barrel shaped chest which has been caused by her struggerling to breath all the time & other test showed she has very low IGA immune reaction to infections which has lead her to ending up fighting for her life against Phneumona twice in 2 months. Because off her low IGA & the ifectiond she has had she also has sever Astmas which put together with infections we are lucky she made it throught the past 3 months.......it really has been touch & go.

She is now on strong steroid treatments that are not licenced for her age but its the only thing keeping her airways open with the help off antibiotics that she has to take 3 days a week for.....well forever i guess! she is doing ok now.......but as winter comes around again & colds & illness arrive who Knows:cry:

She really has been a poorly thing & I just dont have the time or the energy to put in to my Reef system & coming home & seeing it & Knowing its not getting looked after right only added to my stress so i decided to sell up.

I loved my Reef & was gutted when i broke it down but im hoping once my little one grows up & life will hopefully become easyer then ill get a new Reef & a new project!!!!

Thanks again for all the time you have spent helping me!;D

Kiarah xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I'm SO sorry to hear about your daughter's health problems. Hopefully she continues to improve. Take care, and when your life settles down, come back and join us!!

4. jakeh24

jakeh24 Pajama Cardinal

I'm very sorry to hear this. My best wishes for your daughter and family.

5. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

I hope your daughter gets better.

And hope to see you back one day in the future

6. smiley

smiley Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Hope everything goes well...and you would be back reefing

7. Tropical Addict

Tropical Addict Bubble Tip Anemone

SO sorry to hear that. I hope these treatments work and she gets better. Hope we'll see you again soon. :)

8. Click Here!

9. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

oh thats such a shame about your daughter all the best!

And you had a great reef! i loved your LEDs!

10. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Be strong Kiarah

you have your priorities perfect IMO
    the community here , is a caring one, so if ever you need to vent and cant find anyone closer , feel free to share with us

thoughts and prayers for your daughter
    in that she lives a long and healthy life and overcomes the problems she is experiencing now

take care, Kiarah
    dont be a stranger

Steve

11. Reefordie12

Reefordie12 Astrea Snail

Your family is in my thoughts! I wish your family the best and thank you for all of your help! best wishes!

12. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

God Bless you and you Duaghter! Take Care.