"burning" live rock

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by bmshehan, Jan 21, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Hey all thanks for the advice, the rock is drying now. I DIDN'T MEAN TO START ANYTHING HERE!!!;D Rock is bright white, but I am a patient man and for the small price I paid for it, it's worth the time. Ogle and Otty... if you have time i'd like to check out scott's tank this weekend (and eat:))... let me know. Here is another question... I put in 43 lbs. live rock to start the cycle, the rest will be dead "burnt" rock. I figured this would put a lot of natural stuff in the tank that will eventually take over the dead rock too, stuff that wouldn't be in a tank with all burnt rock. I know I'm taking a small chance even with that little bit of lr, but that was my train of thought. What does everyone else think about this process? (Otty- need not reply... I already know your opinion;D!) If I end up w/ an algae farm... you can say you said so!

2. Click Here!

3. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

4. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

LOL It all will come in to the system anyways with a few months time. I have a system full of coralline and mini brittle stars and tube feather duster Pods worms and all you need is a cup of sand from a trusted source and a few months time they also will come in on new corals plugs and all.. But Quarantine all new corals and never never use anyones water from fish or corals .. And soak all new corals before they hit quarantine

5. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

bmshehan:
    you didnt start anything, we always do this. its like two brothers fighting over the last cookie.

6. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Me and KOgle took him to 3 saltwater places in Indianapolis yesterday and got the hook sunk in deep. He will be hooked on this hobby for years to come.

7. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

There were cookies? Why wasn't I advised?! :D

8. Click Here!

9. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

exactly my point!

10. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

heck ya im hooked... now all i need to do is start a charity in my tank's name!