bulb question

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by KristaJ7267, Sep 30, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. KristaJ7267

KristaJ7267 Plankton

I currently have a DeepBlue Professina l series HO fixture x2 54 watts. It is 2 bulbs, 1 actinic, 1 daylight and the moonlights. Its the one without the timer (ugh.. wish I researched more before I invested with one w/o timer). Has the bulbs from manufacturer. I have 55g 48"Lg depth 20" or so. I have fishn live rock, a few softies and just got candy cane coral. I want to switch out bulbs. Can I switch to Geissman or ATI? Suggestions?

2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Yes. 48in/54w is a standard T5HO bulb size, so you can find it in both Geissman and ATI. A somewhat popular combo is 1 ATI Coral Plus and 1 ATI Blue Plus.

4. Alec

Alec Astrea Snail

which bulb would be best for a variety of dif corals?

5. KristaJ7267

KristaJ7267 Plankton

I have upgraded to LED as of a few days ago. Quickly found a difference in my fish and corals. Much more colorful and the nitrate problem I was having has gotten much better just over these few days

6. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

Corals don't neccesarily care, they may initially do best with similar spectrum to whatever you have, but shoulmadjust.. What "look" do you like?

7. Hamilton Tech

Hamilton Tech 3reef Sponsor

You should be able to switch out to any other brand T5 that is 54 Watt HO. We can't keep our 54 Watt 460nm Blue bulbs in stock. They sell really well to LFS because they draw out a lot of color from the corals.