Build My LED - DIY Aquarium Lights Made Easy

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 7, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Interesting catch. It doesn't change on the web page when you select 48". I will look into it.

matt

2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

1 other question, what is the spacing width wise between these fixtures. Do they have recommendations per tank size/depth, etc? Maybe I'm missing it.

4. Build My LED

Build My LED Plankton

Hi guys. Thanks for the comments and excitement about our new technology. We are very excited about the new business, and we appreciate your support!

To answer a few of the questions above...

Yes, we are planning to add 24" and 36" fixture lengths to the portfolio very soon, and we are definitely planning to add more LED colors to your design palette. Per the above question, look for something between 390 and 420 soon!

As for the LED count, our 12" PCB contains locations for 15 LEDs. Hence, the 24" fixture will have 30 LEDs...and the 48" option will have 60 high-power LEDs. Coming from the commercial lighting industry, we source our LEDs directly from the largest LED companies in the world. Most of our LEDs are tested against the LM-80 protocol, which is the gold standard for LED reliability testing set forth by the IES. By coupling top-bin LEDs into our proprietary optical system, we deliver very high light levels to your tank. If you saw the PPFD readings at MACNA, I'm sure you would agree with this :)

Many people are asking for help in selecting the correct # of fixtures, so look for our forthcoming series of YouTube video and blog entries. Every tank is different (dimensions, layout, etc.), but we will be launching some design tools to help you with your projects.

We are also planning to take application photos of the different spectra over tanks, so this will help you pick the spectrum that appeals to your eye.

Let me know if there are any other questions...and thanks again for your support.

Nick

PS - Matt...Send me the sponsorship details :)

5. initial_reefer

initial_reefer Bristle Worm

if they had Cree's I'd buy them today.

6. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Very cool idea for a fixture, I like the slim strips that you can space/position multiple ones anywhere on the tank to get the right coverage.

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Update...
    I received an update from Build My LED today and they have listened to your feedback. They have 24" and 36" fixture options now available. Pre-order status has been removed and they are now shipping the same day!

And check out the advanced tutorial video on the Build My LED online configuration:

[VMEO]51710358[/VMEO]

8. Click Here!

9. tinctorus

tinctorus Feather Duster

I am looking at ordering 1 of these for my wifes tank build, I just posted a thread with a screenshot "although the screenshot is small for some reason" because I need help understanding the graphs that they provide for you

I am just not sure if the led's that I have chosen will give me the color rendition I am looking for, as well as making the tank look the way that I want it to

Could someone who understands the graphs as well as what I posted in the thread PLEASE help me out, I explain what will be kept in the tank as well