Build it your self refugium on ebay

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by Reefer Madness, Jan 15, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Reefer Madness

Reefer Madness Astrea Snail

and would this size tank L-30in W-12in H-22in be good enough filtration for a 150gal main tank

I am also getting a 30'' hang on fuge to hold the calurpa and the mangroves in the high flow main fuge. thanks to your recommendations

2. Click Here!

3. 1sleeper

1sleeper Astrea Snail

Otty has tried the baffles and liked it. I tried it and just didn't like the look. Whether it falls apart or not depends on how tight it fits. I had to wet the tank to get the baffles to slide into position. For a one level tank, I could see there would be no problem. Because my fuge area is 14" tall and the center return section is 10", I was worried about the hydraulic pressure. My 1/4 acrylic is a little bowed and I could see where that would relieve some of the friction holding the baffles. You are going to have some tall baffles with that 22" high tank. The silicone is easy and looks sano IMO but adjustability is where the baffle would be great. Your spare tank would work fine for that 150 as long as you have the room for that 22". Don't forget, you need some room above the tank to get to things in there.

4. bouraganes

bouraganes Peppermint Shrimp

Heh Otty- aka MR. Sump what section of Lowes has the EPDM
    tape- I'm still on crutches but you have me curious!