Bubbletip Anemone died

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Ishymishy77, Apr 6, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ishymishy77

Ishymishy77 Peppermint Shrimp

Well I can say we tried, and luckily all my params are still good. For about three weeks he had no tenticles so I upgraded in lights hoping to nurse him back to health. tried to target feed but he would swallow the silversides then an hour or so later would spit them out. Last night he was looking pretty bad and wouldn't puff up anymore, was debating then if we should remove him so he didn't crash our tank. Awoke this morning at about 6 and fiance said he had what looked like tiny noodles coming out of its mouth and was covered in it.:( Hadn't started falling apart as of yet so he got him out fast. We had that happen years ago when the tank was still new and wow did that throw the tank out of whack. :eek:

2. Click Here!

3. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

Sorry for your loss. :( Anemones can be difficult to keep. I just nursed mine back to health. He moved too close to the surface and bleached a bit. I learned that when they are sick and you are trying to feed them, it's best to give them little pieces, like 1/4" pieces everyday. It's easier for them to digest than a big piece. Mine kept spitting it back out too, until I cut the pieces real small. Sorry again. :(

4. Stingray

Stingray Blue Ringed Angel

I can keep all kinds of coral, even goniopora doing good, but when it comes to keeping an anemone, i just can't seem to even under 300watts of halides, and good water chemistry, seems some do good and others like me do not so good, don't know if i will ever try one again, if its not going to survive its not worth risking the little fella...

5. tube

tube Flamingo Tongue

I put a clown and a BTA in my tank at the same time 2 months now , clown took right to BTA , too well , it's beating it up, not a bubble anymore, all closed up for days now , got home yesterday and water was very milky, could not see thru to other side [180 g ] !! !!! Could clown be killing BTA ???

6. Ishymishy77

Ishymishy77 Peppermint Shrimp

Get that BTA out. ASAP. If it's mouth is open and anything looks like it is coming out. They start to dicinagrate and hard to get out at that point. Will take the whole tank down with it. Have you tested everything yet?

7. tube

tube Flamingo Tongue

Water tested , everything ok !!! Buddy said I am feeding :-/:-/fish too much food !!!

8. Click Here!

9. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

There is a such thing as too much lighting for anemones too. Too strong of lighting will cause it to bleach out. Any clown cannot go with just any anemone. There are compatibility charts on them. If you have incompatible pairs, the anemone may eat the fish or vice versa.
    The cloudiness in the tank could also have been caused by the anemone germinating in the tank as a survival tactic. Is it still in your tank?

10. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

Do you have a link to a trusted chart for compatibility?

11. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer