Bubbles.. Help

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Jon.Peak, Mar 25, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jon.Peak

Jon.Peak Fire Worm

Bubbles and red slime are forming on my sand bed and on my rocks... In the past 2 days i have done 15% water changes.... any thought. I use RO/DI water which my TDS meter reads 00... SG 1.026.... im sure Im still fighting Nitrates.... is that the cause of the red slime and bubbles. The coral is great but i have had some fish deaths... any clue what i can do. How long should i wait till i do another water change...

I decided to run my skimmer more wet.... it seems like there is nothing a can do at this point to improve the tank.... Need Help and any ideas.

I have been running a mixed reef tank for the past 2 years and this seems to be the worst my tank has ever been.

2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

what are the rest of your params, how many fish deaths? Do you have a cuc?

Sounds like a nitrate/phosphate issue though.

4. Jon.Peak

Jon.Peak Fire Worm

ya more snails then crabs... My pistol shrimp that i just got rid of used to kill all the crabs.... i guess my new first step is to retool my CUC...

5. Jon.Peak

Jon.Peak Fire Worm

Ive lost a royal gramma, clown, Atlantic blue, and a golby

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Yeah good idea, amy be time for a biopellet reactor too.

What are your complete parameters?

7. Jon.Peak

Jon.Peak Fire Worm

I think the biopellet reactor causeed all of this. I started one 2 weeks ago and i believe that was the cause of this all happening. I started with too many pellets then reduced them and continued with the water changed... but nothing changed and just yesterday after having the reactor running for a week with the correct amount of pellets i love my clown.

8. Click Here!

9. Jon.Peak

Jon.Peak Fire Worm

bump for some help

10. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

At two years kinda sounds like what people used to call old tank syndrome. How deep is your sand bed. Sometimes deeper beds go critical at 2-5 years and leach out all their captured nutrients.

11. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

dude why hide stuff? We can't help if you do that!? If ya got a reactor ya knew ya had a prob, sounds like ya overloaded your system with it. What are your param's? What are ya running?