bubble tip mojano

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Bugsy, Jul 16, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bugsy

Bugsy Plankton

Okay, I would like to know your opinion(s) on mojano anenome?

After doing lots of research that is what I have I am sure. Every pic of it looks like mine. Light green stem, pinkish in the center and the tips are greenish and bubble like.

Our LFS sold it to me as an easy communative enenome that is easy to grow and will not harm anything but multiply.

Many say, get rid of it. Kill it. But my tomato clown just loves hosting in it and it is rather pretty I think. I don't have alot of corals so I am not worried about it taking over my tank. It has not spread in the 3 months I have had it.

Bugsy

2. Click Here!

3. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Can you post a picture so we can positively ID the anemone? Mojano and Glass (aiptasia) anemones are very aggressive colonizers abnd yes will overrun your tank and out compete any other corals or anemones.

While they are easy to raise they are very difficult to eradicate. Make sure of what it is and that you really want it in your tank.

Clowns are hosted by many types of anemones and coral, although a host is not necessary to keep a clown fish.

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Uh, how small is your clown? FWIW, I've never seen a mananjo that was of size enough to host even a small goby. Typically, they're no more then 1" to 1 1/2" across. Pictures, we need pictures.