Bubble tip anemone HELP!!

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by sjn1282, Jun 15, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Alfie uk

Alfie uk Feather Duster

To be honest I would leave it where it is, the less you mess with it the better in my opinion unless there is something drastically wrong with your water.

I really cant see the Jebao being the cause, if a nem doesnt like the flow they just move and this is why sometime people have wandering nems that just never settle, if you really suspect it and you have another pump remove it and see if it makes a difference

As for feeding I always buy fresh mussels and prawns then freeze them, here is mine, It is 7 years old and I feed it every 7-10 days or so with 1 prawn at the moment.
    http://www.3reef.com/threads/feeding-my-anemone-video.153993/

sjn1282 likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

May have done so as a survival mechanism. Sometimes they split from stress to increase the chances of survival.

4. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

I'm a bit confused with all your troubles with your fish and coral but this is what I see being a problem...you keep moving it.

Mr. Bill, DSC reef and Alfie uk like this.
  5. sjn1282

sjn1282 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I only moved it 1 time from my old tank to the new tank. Then while it was in the new tank i was thinking of putting it into another tank so it wouldnt be bothered by the clowns. I put my hand in and tpuched around the foot to see if it was locked in or loosely on the rock and it was solid so i left it alone. I kbow they move when they dont like a spot so its been on that same rock since i put it in. It moved there and hasnt moved since. Even when i changed tanks i created a similar overhang that it was under in the other tank and it hasnt moved. If it didnt have enough light it would move right? Im gonna try to feed it now and keep away the clown. I did notice in the middle of the mouth it seems to be a small bubble .

6. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

7. Alfie uk

Alfie uk Feather Duster

Dont try and force food into its mouth

8. Click Here!

9. sjn1282

sjn1282 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I didnt try to feed it yet. I actually made a cage around it so the fish cant get to it. I want to see if it looks better in the next few days from being left alone then ill try to feed it. Are the prawns better than the krill i bought for it?

10. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Any meaty seafood will be fine unless it rejects the offering. In that case, wait a day or two then try something else. Just make sure you only give it small pieces. Their digestive system is very rudimentary and can't digest large chunks properly.

Alfie uk likes this.
  11. Alfie uk

Alfie uk Feather Duster

To be honest I have no idea, I have always fed prawn and mussel with success. Maybe if someone else feeds their nems krill successfully they will speak up :)

sjn1282 likes this.
  12. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Always used squid or mussels, very soft and no shells. Make sure the pieces are smaller than its mouth at this point. You could easily cause it more stress.

sjn1282 and Alfie uk like this.