Bubble Magus NAC6 Skimmer Unboxed

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by Matt Rogers, Nov 30, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I just did this today. That was about at the 4 month mark. I kept the old one. It is still in pretty good shape. I noticed just a bit of wear - maybe 5 percent loss of mesh.

I decided to put the new one in and hold on to the old one.

I completely removed my skimmer today and thoroughly cleaned it. It was fairly slimy and had the usual random snail and feather duster type stuff on it. The bottom screws had salt build up and required some encouragement from a wrench to come off.

I cleaned everything and removed some build up with a scrub pad and rinsing.

I put the pump in a bucket of water to check prior to assembling again as I wanted to make sure it would start. It did not. I actually had to tap the new mesh wheel on with a hammer lightly to seat it. Once I did that it started well.

It is back in the sump and working great. This whole process took me about 1.5 to 2 hours.

If I just have to do it every 4 months, then all is well. Still love the skimmer.

matt

2. Click Here!

3. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

Matt:

What is the replacment cost of the mesh wheel ?

Thanks

E

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

TB Aquatics has them for $10 I believe.

5. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Looks like the "a" is 220 volt. In the us you really want the 110 volt one. That's one thing you need to watch with foreign sellers. The nac7 is $170. That's a really nice deal.