Bubble Magus NAC6 Skimmer Unboxed

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by Matt Rogers, Nov 30, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Interesting. I think you may be on to something with that thought on why they did it. I will play around.

Interesting. Hard to say.. but I am sure you are right, there are some margins here.

Hehehe :)
    I agree about the ratio from what I have seen initially, thus the story here...

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

4. Jim522

Jim522 Purple Spiny Lobster

Can't wait to see it up and running, Matt. I just ordered mine tonight. FedEx says it will be here Dec. 11th. Ha, I haven't even built the stand yet, but I'll have a skimmer!

5. TriggersRule

TriggersRule Feather Duster

Did you guys ever get your skimmers up an running? If so how do you like them?

6. Jim522

Jim522 Purple Spiny Lobster

I got mine on Christmas Eve. This thing looks like a beast. It only took a couple minutes to put together. I placed it in the 10g tank I'll be using for the sump and plugged it in. The bubbles this thing produces is amazing. And it's dead silent. I still can't beleive the quality you get for such a small price. I was very close to buying a $300 Octo, very glad I didn't. I'll try to post some pics this afternoon.

7. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

i still cant believe the value and quality of this product?! Who needs to go out and buy and expensive deltec or equivilent anymore! i just wish these bad boys were available in the UK!

8. Click Here!

9. rickz

rickz Astrea Snail

You could always just get it shipped from Hong Kong for fairly cheap. We use the same 13A 220v as the UK, so you should have no issues at all.

10. TriggersRule

TriggersRule Feather Duster

Nice, I think I am going to go with the BM200p for my 135 predator tank.

11. familiar1985

familiar1985 Bristle Worm

Skimmer looks sick. i really like the bubble magus. Their designs are good and the prices are sweet. I cant decide between a couple of them right now. Maybe your experience can help. Ill be using the skimmer for qt and hospital tanks 20 to 40g.

I like the nac3a as it has all the basic features and is relatively compact at 10" by 4".

I also like the nac6a and nac7 but they are larger.

I def want one of these. Is the nac3a enough to skim well? Would nac6a or nac7 be overkill setup on small tanks. I don't have any experience with small skimmers so im scared the nac3a might just be to small and weak to do much to any tank. I want a skimmer to really skim sum nasty stuff :)

help me out if you don't mind

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  12. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid