Bubble magus 3.5 mini making a lot of bubbles

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by Thereef, Aug 5, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Thereef

Thereef Plankton

I just purchased this skimmer it's making a lot of bubbles, so much that I have to have the drain pointing back into the sump or it would overflow in about 10 min. The depth of the skimmer is at 8 inches as recommend in the instructions. Here is a video of what's going on

2. Click Here!

3. Bob F

Bob F Bristle Worm

Wht do yo have th setting on? Looks like you have it turned all the way up but i could be seeing wrong.

4. Thereef

Thereef Plankton

It's at max but when I turn it anywhere else it fills up with water and near pushes the cover off the top. I will upload a video of that soon

5. Thereef

Thereef Plankton

6. Bob F

Bob F Bristle Worm

Hmm. Something is not right. And the settings seem opposite. The max setting should be generating the most water and bubbles. Maybe double check you assembly or see if you can get in touch with someone at bubble Magnus. Sorry wish I could help more. Maybe someone here had any similar issue could help.

7. Thereef

Thereef Plankton

It was mostly put together when I got it. I take it apart and try again, if that doesn't work I'll call them and see what's going on

8. Click Here!

9. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

If you have room raise the skimmer up to lower the depth and get drier skim.

10. Thereef

Thereef Plankton

I have plenty of room to do that, what height would you suggest? It's at 8" right now