Bubble coral staying wide open all day

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by trudeska, Oct 5, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Mine looks the same more often than not.

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

It looks and sounds healthy. Lighting, flow and perhaps just a different variety can change or alter appearance. Large polyp stony corals can have really long sweeper tentacles just as you described. In the future you may have to change up the real estate to prevent other corals from being stung. Over all things look good. Nice work mom.

4. vtecintegra

vtecintegra Fire Worm

Doesn't look too bad. I feed mine about once a week. Usually a 2 x 2cm piece of squid. Sometimes I'll directly spray it with frozen mysis. I put the cube in a squirt bottle of water, shake until thawed and directly spray it so the tentacles grab a lot. I also broadcast feed the tank with chopped squid/shrimp or mysis once a day so it gets a little of that too. My feeding method would probably wreck your 29, though. I run a skimmer and ATS that grows good to minimize nitrates and phosphates. Mine is under 72 3 watt LEDs on a 120g. I'm not an expert by any means, but the bubble has a pretty big mouth, so I assume it likes fairly good size food once in a while. So I give it slices of squid which it always eats.