bubble coral getting even bigger

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

2. Click Here!

3. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Yea I'd be careful fragging LPS corals. I'd start off with zoas and mushrooms, then SPS. I'd tackle the LPS last, after gaining enough experience.

4. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I agree w/guitar. Only I feed mine kind of often. I just like to.

I'm curious Guitar, what do you mean it can not spread bc of how it is positioned?

They do get a lot fuller when they are happy (mine likes low flow medium/high light). Not exactly the same thing as growing.

I would recommend moving it so it's not up against the glass - you don't want your mag float messing with it (if it's on glass you don't clean, I wouldn't really worry about it).

I assume you know this since you put it in your tank, but this is one of those corals you have to wear gloves with. You touch it with your skin, that spot dies. Mine has recovered from when I learned that lesson, but it was still scary.

5. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

PC, you mentioned that it has grown very quickly in the week you've had it. I dont' think that's the case, it has just inflated more. Also, you can frag them, and it's quite easy, you just need the right equipment. A wet band saw works great, you just cut the coral in half and you're done. That's also the best way to frag scolys. I would try to move it away from the glass if possible. If it's really gotten too large, put it where there is more current, it won't inflate as much.

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

Ok I think you might be right at the inflating it just keeps on inflating and won't stop. I will probably have to move it

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

wow didn't know about the skin thing I touched it with my bare hands and didn't notice anything