bubble coral getting even bigger

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. divott

divott Giant Squid

i would think theyre a very tough coral to frag. not sure it can even be done. from what ive seen , there is 1 central skeleton. dont think theres much you can do puffer. maybe someone else wil lchime in that you can and how.

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

thanks i figured they would be impossible to frag

4. NeighborTomita

NeighborTomita Banned

That's what they said about the heliofungia and scolymia, and someone was successful with those corals. Who knows, Puffer could be the first one to successfully frag it(if it has not been done yet) :)

Either way, I would leave it. You don't want to go chopping a beautiful centerpiece like that up, he's too pretty(and HUGE).

5. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

hahaha yea i guess ill just leave him, i fed him for the first time tonight and was pretty cool

6. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

im getting a bubble because u have one it looks gorgeous in ur tank ,i did that with the urchin and now it keeps eating my beautiful coralline dam urchin lol

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

haha now were going to see a bubble coral craze like we did with the urchin craze. And as far as the coralline goes he will end up pooping it out and it will spread once again, so dont worry it will come back

8. Click Here!

9. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Your bubble is huge PC, Mine was a small freebie. It has three small heads.
    I can't seem to get the lighting and water flow on my bubble to my liking though. I have it in a very shaded area in my tank with very low water movement. It seems to be thriving like this though.
    How intense is your lighting and water movement on it?

10. COReefBetter1/2

COReefBetter1/2 Plankton

Wow, that is a nice coral. I'm jealous! I love those...
    I don't know how/if you can frag that. Hopefully someone else on here knows the answer because I'd love to know also.

11. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea its massive, especially for a tank on the smaller size like mine. I have him under 4x39 T5 HO Tek and flow is from a vortech mp20 set on reef crest mode and a maxijett 1200. He is placed inbetween the two powerheads, but still gets a lot of movement.

thanks, i was looking at how to frag them on the web most say its really hard so i think ill just leave him like this