bubble coral coming off it's skeleton?

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by bc219, Jan 5, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bc219

bc219 Millepora

Well I realized it wasn't the healthiest when I bought it, and I also don't make a habit of buying from deathco BUT they only wanted $20 for it and I talked them down to $10 because it didn't look happy. I figured for that price I wanted to try to save it!!

unclejed: Thanks for the link, that's actually the one that I found that led me to my conclusion of the waterflow issue.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

That is great that you wanted to try and save the coral, and you just may be able to!
    Just be careful especially with the price of some of these living animals, they could pose problems by dying($$$$$$) on you and/or polluting your water.

4. bc219

bc219 Millepora

Just a quick question, what would a FW dip do for it? You think something might be in there irritating it or something?

I don't have a QT tank set up at the moment so it's still in the tank for now, I moved it to shelter it a bit from flow and put some rocks up by the "loose" part hoping to keep it stationary.

5. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

It could be a result of some pathogen or other factor causing the tissue from attaching.