Bubble Algae

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by kcbrad, Mar 27, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

I have 2 emerald crabs and 2 porcelain crabs, they were introduced before any fish were, and I have 7 fish now, and have never had a problem with any of them being aggressive. Maybe i'm just lucky, but they don't even seem interested in the fish, even when they get close.

2. Click Here!

3. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I have a very very tiny spot of bubble algae. I've had it for a year... water params keep it in check to no more than one or two bubbles (just die already!)

I've had a couple emeralds over the past year (I quit keeping emerald crabs though as they won't live past 4 months for me).

Anyway, I have never seen an emerald go after bubbles in my tank...

Just my 2 cents

4. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Thanks for your input guys. I feel like with this algae, fixing it with water params just isn't enough, as I've read it can grow in quite pristine water. The thought of the crab freaks me out, as in it might go after my fish (my scooter I'm most worried about) and also that crabs pretty much freak me out in general.

Anyways, I'm doing lots of reading and thinking...and I'll see what I decide! Thanks again for your opinions! :)

5. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

is it so much you cant just dental pick it out? personally that is what I would do...