Bubble algae problems

Discussion in 'Algae' started by bmshehan, Sep 2, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Another great idea, thanks!

Honestly mission, I pretty much left it alone for a while after this thread. It wasn't spreading like fire or anything, just annoying. I picked a couple peices off but not all of it. The stuff I picked off hasn't came back yet, and all of the rest dissapeared but one little cluster! Maybe the emeralds got bored or something:p! The little cluster I have is smaller than a quarter and in a cave, so I am going to let it ride and see what happens. Once again thanks for the great advice everyone!!

2. Click Here!

3. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

4. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Update... I hadn't seen the emeralds for a couple months so I thought they were gonners... well the other day I saw one and went looking around and all my bubble algae is gone!! WOO FREAKIN HOO!! It took them forever but they must have done the trick. There was a lot of rock there for 2 little crabs to pick over so I guess it just took time. My new recommendation is emeralds all the way!!

5. photo-guy

photo-guy Flamingo Tongue

It's nice to keep the emeralds in mind cause I do not like bubble algae.

Are emeralds ok with little fan worms? I have lots of little fan worms that I like. Would the emeralds eat them?