BTA Anemone

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Stingray, Apr 5, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

What he said!

Not sure you would need that MH tho - I run my tank prefectly with 1x150w MH - hmmm but my tank is smaller

2. Click Here!

3. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

20" depth, i would go 175w for an anemone.

4. Stingray

Stingray Blue Ringed Angel

So guys there is no way i could keep an anemone of any kind under t8's, i just brought a brand spanking new tank and if i can get away with not haveing to upgrade the lights, for a while any way that would be great,so is it possible to get hold of some T8'S at 30" with a higher wattage then 24watt & if so what would you recommend,?

Has anybody ever kept a anemone under t8s?

5. Stingray

6. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

Trust me, it will die if kept under those lights. T8's arent used by almost any reefers as you would need rows upon rows to sustain even the less light demanding corals. Anemones need the same conditions required for SPS, maybe even better. Why not just wait to upgrade lights before buying it?

And T8s will all be same wattage at same length. Same with VHO and T5 high output. If we could use t8's efficiently, why would we have to buy stronger lights? :-/

7. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

Oh, and its not just the wattage. Different bulbs get different amounts of lumens per watt. T5 gets oodles, Vho slightly less, but hass watts to make up for, and halide has the most.........

And different bulbs can penetrate into water more efficently, IE, halides are used for deeper tanks for that reason.......

8. Click Here!

9. Stingray

damn looks like i'm gonna invest in a new lighting top is there anything such as a t8 to t5 adaptor ? or will i need a whole new lighting system?

10. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

a whole new light unit mate!! they have different ballasts!

11. suckafish

suckafish Montipora Capricornis

for that 55 i would honestly get MH. you will be happier and you wont have to worry about where he is in the tank. no to mention you can any hard corals you could want, and may not have to use a heater

12. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer