Bryopsis Removal

Discussion in 'Algae' started by adam, May 28, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

Nudibranch and Bryopsis

I am adding Kent Tech M. I was adding 2 capfuls every day but the test was saying around 1475. Is there a correct amount I should add.

2. Click Here!

3. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

Bryopsis

My nudibranches are not eating it either. They graze over the rock but do not eat it. . I might have to just take avery thing out and this time scrub every rock in salt water or do I scrub them in RO water? I am going to wait a little longer though.
    Adam

4. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

Bryopsis

If the nudibrances do not work should I get a Lawnmower Blenny? Any other ideas? Not sure if Blenny and my Mandarin would be compatible.

5. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

My Magnesium is at 2700 now down from 3400 and it never effected the stuff we had I use Tech M and Pure Mag Chloride I told someone here the other week that I was told that the lettuce would not touch it and I posted the 2 known slugs that would supposedly eat it but good luck finding them them. Are you sure it a strain of Byropsis ? we had the B/Penneta .. I wet skimmed I had P.H over 9.4 for a month and ca at 600 DKH was at 19 and no animal did I find would touch it.

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

There are no fish or snails that I know of that will eat bryopsis. There are "rumors" that foxface rabbit fish will eat it but nobody has proof positive. We've got a foxface in our tank and it didn't touch ours.

7. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Even that special fox face or rabbit the LFS gave us to try that was supposed to love it maybe thats why he died LOL he ate of the forbidden fruit :) If there where an animal that would have eaten I had 50 of them..

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Right, orange spot rabbit fish. Forgot about that sacrificial fish. Poor b*stard.

10. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

Then it looks like I will have to take out all the rock and scrub it all. Do I scrub it in saltwater or Fresh RO water? You think I should boil or freeze the rocks that I scrub?
    Thanks
    Adam

11. Zectra

Zectra Feather Duster

Personally, I would boil the suckers. Then I would scrub the bejeezus out of them. :p

But I am crazy anyways.

12. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

Bryopsis and New Live Rock

If I just add maybe 30 lbs of new rock would that be better than scrubbing the existing rock and tanking a chance or I could boil the rock after i scrub but then I lose the biological filtration.
    Adam